Wednesday, January 31, 2007

might be a robeast

I was going to post a review for the recently released in Canada, Voltron Collection 2.

But I mean, how boring would that be? If you were really looking for information on the DVD release of Voltron, I could sum it up in only one line: it's an excellent package - just like the first volume. This series was one of the first television-syndicated series to be originally mixed in stereo so the modern Dolby 5.1 mix had a flawless set sources to work with.



I would rather go on and on about the special features on this disc... which include some vintage video clips of the live stage-show cast World Events Productions put together for their promotional tour in 1985. And several toy commercials that aired back then. What was really funny though was the way the folks behind the scenes remain so dedicated to their work both past and present...


I will paraphrase my favourite passage: The life-lesson I learned from watching the show as a kid was that you should never trust a stranger who claims to be a long lost cousin. Who knows how many times that witch Haggar used that plot tool and disguised herself. And the moment you turn your back, it's robeast city - giant alien robot monsters are attacking. So never trust someone claiming to a lost relative. They might be a robeast!

No comments: