Friday, January 26, 2007

Freezing polystyrene?

Just a thought - does anybody know if the cold is bad for soft plastics like polystyrene? It's occurred to me that having bundled up for my trip to work that I left a bunch of my hobby material in the trunk of the car. It's like 20 below freezing today... and I won't be back to the car until the end of the day.

Thankfully I remembered to pack the paints in a separate bag and tucked it into my pack that I brought with me into the office where its nice and warm.

Anybody? Anybody?

I'm sure most plastics are okay - I mean they store plenty of stuff in plastic drums outdoors year-round... I'm just not sure if this rule-of-thumb is applicable to all plastics.

Anybody? Anybody?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to be safe, I'd let everything rest at room temperature over night, mostly if it's something expensive and/or you hold dearly. You never know...

My two-cent I guess.