Thursday, August 10, 2006

eBay Saga 2: screw-up - just great...

I don't know whether to be relieved or happy or pissed off right now.

Well it turns out that eBay seller pulled a ninja-sell on me and shipped my stuff within a day or so without telling me. I'm happy to report that I received package in the mail today (just as I suspected last night: Thursday is small-packet-day for Canada Post around here). But the problem is that I thought I was bidding on widescreen DVDs!

So when I open my package and find a WS edition of Revenge of the Sith but a familiar blue-stripe of a Full-Screen edition of Attack of the Clones... I was a little deflated. Then I questioned myself, "didn't I think to check that before bidding?" So back I go to the auction page and sure enough, the photo (which certainly appeared legit and not some store's stock image) showed a pair of DVDs both with the WS gold-strip-packaging... hmm... anyway, I fired off an email to the seller asking if he did have a WS edition to sell me so that I could trade this one back.

I'm kind of annoyed at the whole thing but at the same time, sort of glad it was just Episode 2. After all, it was a unilingual packaged WS edition of Episode 3 I was after... just I could have easily won a cheaper auction if I'd bid elsewhere for just one movie instead of both.

Worst case scenario: the guy doesn't respond or confesses that he actually just stole the photo from elsewhere and doesn't have a WS set to trade me... I risk a negative feedback and take this FS Episode 2 and sell it to EB Games or something for a couple of bucks. I mean, in the end, I got a reasonable price on this whole deal to begin with. Swallowing the loss on Episode 2 would be minor setback.

I'll keep you updated on my adventures in on-line shopping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, ok. I misunderstood the part where you were actually after ep-III, and that you actually got that one in WS. So forget about me suggesting to ask for a refund then. Your idea of selling ep-II is a better one then. If he slaps you a neg for inquiring about this exchange, then he really is a pig.

MrBabou