Sunday, August 20, 2006

D.O.M. 8 ...twice

If I ever felt "uncomfortable" with being a drooling fan-boy, it's now... but then I remember that this is some kind of engineered marketting going on and that Japan has a bizarre morality to its entertainment industry in the first place.

Like America's recent super-hero film franchises taking off, Japan has also had several comics adaptations hit the big screen. This year's was "Yo-yo girl-cop" Sukeban Deka (the fourth in a series dating back almost 20 years)... starring none other than idol cutie Matsuura Aya (a fellow Hello!Project talent with Morning Musume).

And in a cross-promoting effort, H!P producer Tsunku paired her up with current MoMusu member Fujimoto Miki forming a new act "G.A.M." to perform the theme song to the movie. Anyway, here's miss Matsuura on the left (my, how she's grown!) and "MiKitty" on the right:

And believe me the double-entendre in the name is not lost on me. This feels wrong some how... um, yeah - this is the only decent resoluction pic I could find after scouring the web. That's definitely wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes.. sorry Im late to see this post! Excellent! love it! Oishi!