Friday, November 23, 2007

Zaku Update 5

The home stretch - The torso came together a lot faster than I thought it would. Once the pilot dried and stuffed him into place, the armour panels went onto the upper body. From that point on, it was just stocking up the armoury with weapons!The gun-sights need lenses. I'm using the same clear paint trick with a coat of silver beneath to give it a reflective quality. Just needs to dry - and I'm taking no chances because for whatever reason, Tamiya clear paint takes a long time to dry and if it doesn't do so properly, it won't give a smooth finish.In the photo I've left it on the sprue to paint. That's okay because it'll be nestled into the gun-sight frames when completed so it doesn't need to be coloured all the way around the edges.

And here's the almost-complete MS-06R-1A Zaku II!!!Just needs detailing. Some additional paint on the arms and legs (because for some reason Bandai didn't mold those parts in the right colours). Then I will apply the decals. And of course, some aging and dirtying weathering effects with paint.

2 comments:

MrBabou said...

Wow, great job Ben! When you talk about painting the arms and legs, is that the weird pink color vs the white? Because to me, even though this may be the actual colors of the character, it's a weird combination of colors. But still, the model looks awesome!

Seeing you build this made me want to build a model myself. I used to be a big car model maker when I was young. The difference today would be that I would give attention to details, where I didn't care for that back then...

Ben-Ohki said...

Thank you!

I will post again once I'm done the detailing so you'll see. The pink parts are supposed to there, but there's a lot more pink than there should be (yes, it's weird).