Saturday, November 17, 2007

Zaku II: update 1



So, um, yeah, that's what I got done after an hour and a bit. I know it's not particularly impressive. It's a few parts that will be arms and a head. What took so long was that business with trying to mix up a "clear pink" colour which sadly did not turn out anyway. It kind of became orange more than anything. So I started over, and did the "eye" in the regular clear red straight from the jar.

After waiting to dry, I assembled the whole thing into the head. I also had to redo the "tubes." it's a series of rings that fit over a single line but I later realized from looking at the photos that there's a metal coil that goes underneath the rings. I can't really describe it other than, imagine a really tightly-wound spring fit just right under a series of rings. Er, yeah.

No comments: