Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Things I've been up to

If you keep up with my life blog over filed under alias FusionAce, you'll know The Legion has been a little bit strapped for cash lately... but that hasn't stopped me from wasting a lot of time. Here's where I stand with my hobbies:

I'm done priming pretty much everything on my current Warhammer stuff - including the goofy Ork bike I bought last Christmas... just need final paint on that, and on the Tau Sniper team I got last month.

I'm stuck on Tomb Raider Legend already. I put it down for about a week and a half (life sort of got in the way)... and last night I got back into it. I'm on the Japan level and stuck at the boss battle. It's way too frenetic for a keyboard mouse combination. I might give the gamepad a try later. Dunno. I mean I know the moves to make: climb up to the same platform as the boss and run around there. He makes attacks in three patterns: a vertical you can dodge, horizontal high (you can duck under this) or horizontal low (you can jump over this). But try coordinating Lara Croft with the traditional WASD-layout...

Picked up Winter Assault again. I decided to give the bad-guy campaign a go. I never really got into the Orks, but if I leave it, I'll always feel like I only got half my money's worth. Finished the first mission tonight on my first try... not bad considering I had no idea what I was doing.
(oh btw, everybody knows by now that Relic has yet another Dawn of War expansion in the works right?)

Oh and finally, despite my cash troubles, I purchased the second season of the new Battlestar Galactica series on impulse this afternoon. The price was just too damn good and it was the last copy on the shelf. I mean good like in I've already done my research - it's was cheaper than Futureshop.

Either way, I just gotta think that I'm relatively lucky all around. My cash "problem" is actually due to the fact that I'm setting it all aside for my house... which essentially means that I'm building equity more than anything. It's just a matter of timing my luxury expenses very carefully.

No comments: