Monday, May 08, 2006

It's all about the timing

There's always a time to buy - but some times are better than others. I just scored the Patlabor Movie LE DVD for just over $60 because I was tipped off late last night night that Best Buy was having their 24-hour-everything-on-sale deals. And since this wasn't a "web-only" item, I had them "ship" to an in-store pick-up location. The best about this situation? I originally planned to buy it today after work anyway. Oh, and I also get Canadian Tire money on my Mastercard for this purchase. ^_^;

Other fun stuff - I laugh in the face of financial uncertainty. Ha Ha Ha... ahem.

I picked up Karaoke Revolution Party this weekend... the face-mapping feature is hilarious. There's something just fun about seeing myself as a 3D polygonal model walking around on a virtaul stage. This must be what pro athletes feel like when they boot up games like the EA-Sports NHL or FIFA series and little versions of themselves...
The game itself is the usual par for course - several songs I know, several I don't know. A lot I thought I knew but realize after trying to sing them that I don't. And the DDR pad gives it a new twist. Very simple but still a very unsual sensation to be tracking two continuous streams of information on the screen with your eyes...

1 comment:

hemlock said...

Canadian Tire money on your MC? That rocks.