Tuesday, May 23, 2006

updating the haul file

A few things to update at this point...

Spent part of my weekend in Montreal with old friends. Played Karaoke Revolution until we couldn't take any more. Specifically, the Duets mode inspired my brother and I to go back and try the selection of duet-mode songs available in older copies of KR we had stashed away. We butchered "Under Pressure" well and good. But the "KR:Party" face-mapping feature was a big hit with my friends... and they in turn butchered several songs too. All done 100% sober - you can't beat that.

Post rant: I found a copy of Patlabor TV-Series volume 8 this weekend at Metro Video! MV is a small chain (native to Montreal, I believe) of specialty shops for DVD. Prices aren't fantastic, but competitive... and their selection is very unusual - you tend to find stuff you wouldn't expect to find in a retail location. In my case, a copy of a DVD that's been out of print for about a year.

Also picked up a used copy of Metal Gear AC!D... haven't gotten around to trying it yet (arrived home really late last night). I'm told if there's an unusual game to try for your PSP that'll be a particularly unique game experience, then this is it. I figure at only $30 (took advantage of my Edge membership), what's there to lose?

Oh and also, I received an email confirming shipment of GBP-1S kit on Friday. Hooray! If things work out the way they usually do, it should arrive on Thursday... keeping my fingers crossed.

Lastly, I finished reading Brown's DaVinci Code today during my lunch break. I can see what the hooplah is about now: it actually is a very engaging read. I'm skeptical of the movie and at the moment have no intention of paying to see it. I wouldn't say it's a life-changing story (I mean, it's a fictional flight of fancy) but it does certainly come with a feel-good vibe. Happy endings are a lost art, if anything. ^_^;

No comments: