Thursday, February 16, 2006

to be pelted by rubber balls

I've been severely preoccupied by my quest for buying a home so I've sort of left my "fun" blog to rot for a bit lately.

But I signed up for a game of tagball for next Friday. I was invited by a guy I hardly know so that seemed a bit weird. But we do get along since we're both about the same age and we have some common interests. Plus we do work in the same Division so at worst, we can talk shop if things start going dry. (Hopefully not).

I'm told tagball is slightly less painful than paintball (and much cleaner). Each player is armed with an airgun that fires little rubber balls and I'm told it feels a bit like getting snapped with a wet towel or a rubber band. Either way, I don't plan on getting hit a lot... then again, nobody actually plans on that.

As an aside, I got around to cleaning up that last entry a bit - the formatting was all wacky because of some HTML that was given to me. I wiped out as much crap as I could.

Anyway, strictly speaking, my view of the world and "fun" in general has changed a bit in the last few days with the purchase of a house. I feel like I'm bunkering down for the sudden increase in expenses I'll need to deal with. And it was only last night that it occured to me that I'd need to get home insurance on top of those bills I was counting. I don't even read Redflagdeals.com as often anymore... as if it were a temptation I don't need.

Anyway, joining those guys for tagball is my way of hanging onto some sense of normalcy.

No comments: