Thursday, February 16, 2006

Haul: stress relief

I needed some instant gratification - picked up some OJ and then headed right to the comics shop to waste some money. I figure after my big purchase earlier this week, a few comics wouldn't hurt to unwind with.

New Avengers #16: looks like a new arc is starting. Liked it so far, maybe it'll be even better now. I'll read it before going to bed tonight.

Noble Causes #17: Almost a year ago to the day I posted a 3-page excerpt from this book that shocked some readers since I'm not known to be a particularly romantic kinda guy... at the time I was on cloud nine. I'd rather not think about it now. But the book has been a great read over the last year or so. I will also read this straight away...

House of M TPB: I totally skipped out on the "event of the year." Scarlett Witch, former Avenger now gone cuckoo, continues to spiral into insanity and totally rewrites the Marvel Universe and decimating the X-Men while she's at it using her "improbability powers." It was $40... easily the most expensive collected edition I've bought in a while (barring the big hard cover Batman book I got last summer). It better be everything it promised to be.

Godannar volume 2: for some reason none of the local stores have these DVDs in stock. I'll probably watch an episode or two tonight but quite frankly, it was new years when I watch the first disc... I may need a refresher.

I also grabbed one of the last remaining "Clone Strike" starter sets. This line-up of Star Wars Miniatures is out of print and hard to find. I figure I may as well get the exclusive playing pieces for Obi-Wan and Jango Fett from the boxed set before they disappeared from shelves too...

*sigh* I feel so much better now. :)

No comments: