Monday, February 20, 2006

Screw around with Bell Canada

In case anybody still hadn't heard about it, Bell is now offering a Long Distance plan at 10 cents per minute at ANY time within Canada and the USA. I never realized this and have been subscribed to their FirstRate plan (that's "Simplitel" to you French customers) for the last 6 or 7 years.

There once was a time when I was dreadfully lonely here in the NCR (yes, more so than I am now anyway) and I would call my folks practically every other night. It was a time when I could only afford to travel home once a month or so. And I'd have to make huge plans to do so because I had to pack light enough to make it to the bus station via public transit, etc... the story goes on and on, really.

The point is that not only do I hate having to wait until 6pm to make my calls, but I'm nowhere near busting the $20 cap in long distance charges. So why am I paying the $5 fee on FirstRate?

Funny how Bell Canada never bothered to mention any of this to me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate rip off companies... here is a good one if you like to use phone cards: http://www.justdial.ca/