Thursday, February 09, 2006

Score: Sin City Recut - cheap!

So I'm wandering around the west end and half-expecting to finally pick up that boxed set of The Matrix (can you believe it? a geek like me doesn't own any of the Matrix trilogy on DVD). Anyway, I'm at Best Buy and I'm overcome with doubt as usual.

Turn the corner and walk down the "new" releases ailse. This must be a mistake!
There on the bottom shelf, plain as day, is a stack of the Sin City special edition. Yeah, the one with the second disc called "Recut and Extended." And I'm not seeing things (if I am, I'm seeing in triple), but there's not one, but three tags that read "Sin City Recut and Extended 22.99." Yeah, me too, I was pretty sure this version retails for around 35 bucks. Naturally I called them on it.

I almost felt guilty.

This isn't the first time there's been weird pricing at this particular Best Buy. Last fall I grabbed "Batman Begins" with the second bonus features disc and comic book... for only $21.99 ...which the same sticker price as the regular edition. WTF?

I tell myself not to feel guilty about it. This is how you get ahead: by capitalizing on someone else's screw-ups. Just do it to them before they do it to you. Harsh.

No comments: