Saturday, February 25, 2006

My first tagball game

What is it? Read this: Tagzone.ca

I don't know if they're the first (whatever) but they're near the top of the Google hits when you look for tag ball. Basically you're shooting rubber balls at each other with a modified paintball gun... and it's indoors... and less messy... and somewhat less painful.

They do enforce common sense rules like a 6-foot minimum shot (because quite frankly, you could hurt somebody). And of course, keep your protective mask on whenever you're in the maze area. Overall, I had a blast - it was certainly something different for a Friday night. It also reminded me that I am woefully out of shape when it comes to anaerobics... the squat motion is not something I do on a day-to-day basis. I mean, I may be able to play DDR for an hour or so, but for the most part you never need to crouch down on the DDR control pad.

Oh and yeah - it did sting like a rubber band snapping at you (but I would hardly call it "painful"). Ever have someone throw a penny at you? Real hard? This hurts less than that.
I'm definitely gonna spread the word about the game - maybe get a few more guys from work to join us next time!

No comments: