Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Scratched DVD - but not so bad

I was just about to have a cow tonight while inspecting the discs in a boxed set of Azumanga Daioh I bought earlier this week.

The fourth disc (of 5) has what appears to be a factory defect: a gash in the plastic (like it didn't come out of the press right). But after giving it a test spin in my player, looks like everything's fine. I suppose the scratch wasn't over part of the actual data - as in the disc was not full.

This is must be karma making up for having me return that Ghost in the Shell documentary DVD a few months ago. Now that one was a bad defect. Ugh!

Speaking of DVDs... looking forward to finally checking out the new edition of Sin City that just came out. Other items on the want-list: certain volumes to complete my collection of Patlabor, the new Serenity disc, The Matrix Trilogy box (can you believe a geek like me doesn't have a copy of the Matrix on DVD?)...

And finally I oughtta watch Ronin tonight. Montreal lent it to me when I last saw him... nearly a month ago. Maybe I'll just make a copy and return it during the holidays.

No comments: