Friday, December 02, 2005

Disappointing haul...

Hmm... ever go out somewhere expecting to blow your budget and instead realize what you had in mind just wasn't there? It's kind of a downer, if you ask me...

Things I was looking for:
  1. Trade: "I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League"
  2. Trade: "Teen Titans: The Future is Now"

Instead I came home with "Green Lantern: Rebirth." Which in itself is not such a disappointment since I missed the big hooplah last fall when Hal Jordan came back to the mortal realm to be Green Lantern once again. But still, I really was looking forward to some goofy adventures from the lighter side of the DC Universe.

On a side note, I also picked up this month's "New Avengers" and "Legion of Super-Heroes." Now don't laugh just yet - Legion has been turning out to be a great ride and I'm glad I took a chance when the title relaunched last year. I just wish the plot hasn't dragged on the way it has for the last couple of months. ~_~;

Alternate notes: placed another order at http://www.toy-wave.com last night. Wanted to take advantage of their holiday-season sale (5% off everything). Finally got the VF-1S I wanted in 1:48 scale. Also tried to order a PVC statue of Rin Tokosa from the Fate-Stay-Night series for my brother (he's got the matching Saber statue already) as a Christmas gift, but they were sold-out. Crap... now I have to go Christmas shopping for him. I hate that. @_@

No comments: