Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Last Haul of 2005?

I've been unusually quiet - mostly due to the fact I've been sitting at my family home for nearly a whole week now. But I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that my junk-buying for 2005 has come to an end.

As I told myself earlier, I did end up opening up that BT-04 Hound import on Christmas Day. It was one of two metal items I got that day. Hound did not disappoint - in fact, I asked myself why I hadn't enjoyed him before... actually it stirred something in me that made me want to continue collecting the hi-end Transformers revival line. Who says they don't make'em like they used to?

The other metal object I unwrapped was a new blender from my parents. Now I'm not too sure what brought that on. I guess it's their way of giving me a subtle-hint that they want me to move into a house of my own instead of flushing money down the rental-hole. In any case, I've been loving it immensely over the last few days and have been making fruit smoothies like nobody's business..... non-stop.

Other junk I've been amassing - I've gone absolutely Star Wars crazy this week. Had time to play games of Star Wars Minis with my brother (and enjoyed a Boxing Day trip to the local hobby-shop to load up on discounted boxes of Minis). Among the more interesting pieces that I found in my blind-boxed sets were a Clone Trooper on a "BARC Speeder", a large Hailfire Droid, a more versions of Chewbacca than I know what to do with (I can now stage games featuring Chewie in 3 different movie settings). Between games, I was able to squeeze in viewings of Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and the two Clone Wars cartoon DVDs... Come to think of it, I might want to drop in Revenge of the Sith tonight.

Lastly, in my junk-buying haze, I also stopped by EB-Games this morning on during a walk around the neighbourhood (my home is only a block or two away from the local mall). Grabbed Need for Speed Underground for PSP only because I thought the price was right second-hand. That is, it was half the price it was when it came out back in May... Plus I was dying to break-even on that Edge membership card I bought a while ago. With today's 10% discount, I've finally started saving money... which is funny because for a while I honestly believed that was the worse promotional buy-in I'd ever made.

Pics later, but for now - check out IGN's review of NFS Underground Rivals.

No comments: