Sunday, April 06, 2008

The PSU story (still)

Well, the story, hopefully has a happy ending (even if it took forever to conclude). My folks visited me this weekend. If you hadn't figured that out from my previous posts, then at least you have noticed some unusual activity in my Twitters. They brought along the failed Corsair.

Previously I had gone back to the shop and asked about changed out the PSU. The guy said he'd waive the 30-day limit for me and told me that since I'd been reporting ongoing troubles ever since the original purchase that he'd deal with Corsair himself and that I'd get a store credit to pick another PSU.

I chose an Enermax. I know, they're not fancy by any means, but they're reliable and I trust them (I've had one for nearly a decade now). So now I've got the new unit inside my machine.

It seems to be working okay. I'll give it a couple of weeks because well, you simply never know. Heck, it was at least 6 days after my install of the Corsair in my parents machine before it up and died on them. I mean, what the hell? Still haven't applied the case sticker yet (nor for that matter have I removed the Corsair sticker). I think I'll keep it as a reminder that from time to time, even the most reputable guys can make a lemon.

No comments: