Thursday, April 03, 2008

Intron Depot gashapon

A few years back Toycom was trying to break into distributing anime merch Stateside (this was before Yamato opened up shop as YamatoUSA) and they tried something new: they sold gashapon figures... not blind boxed! Utter insanity ensued. That is, I got suckered in.

While tidying up the guest room (aka: room where I throw stuff when I'm too lazy) I found my collection of "Story Image Figures" inspired by Masamune Shirow's "Intron Depot" artbooks. Being the sucker that I was at the time, I made an effort to "collect them all" including the variants and I even kept them in their blister packs. What? As if I'd ever get around to selling these or that they would be worth more in their stupid American blister versions.

I leave their fate to you, dear readers! Should I keep them in their semi-mint yet utterly worthless blisters? Or should I grant freedom and open up all of them to display all over the house and my office like the geek that I am?

No comments: