Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Never-ending 450VX

I've just been notified by my parents that their computer mysteriously died this morning. After surfing the web for about 50 minutes, the whole thing just powered down on its own and wouldn't boot again. My father, in a surprise move (he's never shown any knowledge for building PCs), was able to reinstall the back-up PSU from before. And apparently, they're up and running too because my mother sent me their story via email.

I don't believe this. I left them the Corsair because after a 4-day weekend of turning it on and off and typical usage, it seemed stable. Now I've got a problem. The store I bought from has a 30-day in-store warranty and it's rapidly running out. In fact, it was so close to running out, I sent in for my mail-in rebate (the box is in decent shape, but it's not what I'd call returnable). Secondly, my parents don't exactly live in town... It's quite a event when they come visit me. And as it stands, they're not ready to come until at least next weekend (not this coming one).

Anyway, I plan to head over to the store after work to ask about my options. The fellow at the counter knows me (not well, but he'll recognize me from when I bought the damn thing and subsequently returned to have it tested). Don't know if he'll make an exception to the 30-day policy in my case. Maybe at the very least, he can print out a second copy of the receipt (might need it for proof of purchase if and when I deal with Corsair directly for an RMA).

No comments: