Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Qee Good VS Qee Evil

Submitted for your approval: I picked up a pair of Baby Qee recently. I'm going for a theme here... an angel Qee bear and a devil Qee bear. Both are DIY and I'm not sure what I can do with them. You'd think angel and devil templates would be a no-brainer for ideas.
For those who don't know from what, Qee are a line of designer-toy vinyl figures from Hong Kong. The standard version is a "bear" shape with a lop-sided set of ears. Think avant-garde art crossed with Japanese "super-deformed" sensibilities.

Barring a small handfull of zipper-pulls and keychains, these two are my first "designer-vinyl" proper peices. Sofubi do not count. My ultimate goal however is a marry designer-vinyl with my other 2 loves... the Montreal Canadiens... and Warhammer 40'000. Going to need bigger template for this project. Hmm.

No comments: