Saturday, June 09, 2007

Damage Toteboard

I played our June edition of the Weirdguy Invitational Series last night. It was hot and muggy out, sweaty and disgusting in, but we have lots of fun. So much fun that I didn't even take out my camera during the evening (didn't really have time to think about it). But here is the damage tally. LOL.

Here's a hit to my sternum (and an almost-third nipple):
I came out of one game where Kid asked me, "where did I get you?" To which I said, "everywhere, @$$hole!":Here's where I realize how much I've gotten used to wearing a long-sleeved shirt under my game jersey. I'm not even sure when this happened, but my forearm is swollen. What the heck?!
My new paintball pants performed great. I slid into bunkers, got at least a couple of lucky "bounces" where paint didn't break open. And unfortunately, because it doesn't hurt as much, I was unaware of just how often I was hit!
I will post again soon because one of my fellow players got a very entertaining shot of myself spitting out paint after I was hit directly in the mouth-area on my mask.

One not-so-funny bit of damage was that I found out after I got home and stripped down was that my convertible "camping" pants have taken another victim. I got these pants several years ago at MEC - they're a synthetic material that keeps me warm but reasonably cool on a hot day. And of course, they turn into shorts when it's really hot out. Well, I was wearing these yesterday for "casual Friday" but since it was paintball night, I was also wearing my Under Armor boxer-briefs... Well, there's a label sewn in the back-pocket area inside these pants and on anything else, it's not noticeable. But for microfiber-like materials...
I don't know what I was thinking wearing this combination. But suffice to say, the label snagged on my Under Armour shorts and has given it a worn-out rough patch... Ugh. I don't believe this. I have a love-hate relationship with these pants but right now I'm really hating them. ~_~;

1 comment:

Weirdguy said...

I got so many hit marks... I did paid attention to them but my GF saw them. Except for the most painful one... the one where I ate paint...