Wednesday, April 25, 2007

B5: Lost Tales is a reality!

Holy crap - how did this slip by a geek like me?

I just stumbled on a post at the Babylon 5 podcast. Yeah, yeah, I ask the same thing, how can you maintain a podcast about a show that's been canceled for like 10 years? Well, today they posted a notice that the first series of the rumoured direct-to-DVD stories has shown up on Amazon's pre-order listings! They even have a box-shot available (which is odd because you'd think a huge e-tailer like Amazon would have it too but they don't).
As an aside, I'm wondering why Amazon.CA doesn't have it listed yet... because I can only assume the Canadian release will be July 31 like it will be Stateside. Anyway, I'll be sure to keep a look out for this because obviously, like that stupid little pilot movie disc that is collecting dust in a box somewhere, sales will likely dictate if more of the "Lost Tales" will ever be produced.

2 comments:

MrBabou said...

One has to wonder how successful can it be solely on DVD sales... mmmm...

And yes Amazon can be a b*tch sometimes. You could find things on the .com and not on the .ca, and the .com will not ship most of their products to a canadian residence for some reason... I know they will not ship CD's because I tried when I found one that was cheaper on the .com, but it would not let me. But we did order books from the .uk though. o.O

Ben-Ohki said...

Well, not to make this a pitch, but I'm also one of the many people who bought the cheapy pilot of B5 to help prove that the DVD sets would sell (it's a no-brainer now that boxed sets make money but there was a time when B5 DVDs were nowhere in sight).

You can order stuff from the German Amazon as well... there's boxed set of Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers DVD that appears to be exclusive to that country. Weird...