Saturday, April 14, 2007

Yogourt Review: Activia Raspberry

Yeah yeah, I know this is way off the wall for content, but it's like a slow news day if you take my meaning. Anybody who doesn't know, I just started the so-called 14-day Activia challenge a couple of days ago. And well, there's not much else to say about it because as far as I know it may as well be a placebo because who's to know for sure if there's anything different between one yogourt culture and the next? So the only thing I really can review is the taste...

Well, what's there to say? It tastes like berry. This was actually my first taste of the Activia brand so I was half expecting perhaps some kind of chemical or artificial taste. Maybe it was because I'd been buying nothing but vanilla flavoured yogourt for the last little while (for putting into the blender to make fruit smoothies), what I didn't expect was to be assaulted by the fruity fragrance. The funny thing was, I wasn't sure what I was smelling.

You know what I miss (and it's really too much to ask in a tiny cup of probiotic stuff), but I miss Yoplait's "fruit on the bottom" gimmick. Do they even still make those? You know, the ones where you had to stir the cup yourself before you ate it because there was a huge concentration of fruity stuff at the bottom. And if you stirred lightly enough you could enjoy lightly flavoured plain yogourt and then go to town with the fruits afterwards. Well, pre-stirred yogourt cup aren't like that. You get what they give you and that's it.

What you get is a light pink substance and the only way you'd think it was raspberry is the fact that you get seeds in there... my least favourite part about eating raspberries. They get stuck in my teeth. So when it comes to flavour, I could come up with a better yogourt experience.

No comments: