Monday, February 19, 2007

pre-order for what?

Hmm... just a thought. I never pre-order anything figuring... why wait?

But for a place like YesAsia.com - they frequently sell-out their initial allotment (depends on what you're looking for, of course). A month and a half ago I ordered the two singles due out from Hello!Project this winter... the first one (celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the premiere J-Pop project) came out last month. My order didn't ship because I had also pre-ordered the one due out mid February (the latest Morning Musume single with a bonus DVD).

By now I probably could've downloaded both (including the DVD materials)... ah well. Such is the way of shopping on the web. But you'd think distributors would take this into account by now and allow retailers to ship a little earlier so that pre-order customers would get it around the same time as the locals who have access to brick-and-mortar stores.

So yeah, my CD singles arrived tonight. Very pleased with the 10th Anniversary single featuring Iida Kaori, Goto Maki, Abe Natsumi, Niigaki Risa, and Kusumi Koharu... came with some collectible cards... not sure what if anything I can do with them, but they're cool to have.

The second is sort of a mixed bag. "Egao Yes! Nude" is the newest single (translates something like "smiling-face, Yes, Nude"; and no, I have no idea what that means). I pleased to own it. It's place in history is that it will be the last single to feature Yoshizawa Hitomi, and the first to feature Mitsui Aika. The edition I chose came with a DVD - which of course is a Region 2 disc. That in itself is all part of the international-collector's frustrations... What does annoy me is that it's actually just a commemorative disc introducing Aika - with clips from her audition and interviews with the other members... what it DOES NOT include is a music video for the new single. And I'm like, "WTF?"

1 comment:

MrBabou said...

Ah yes, ordering on-line. It can be extraordinary, and it can be frustrating. I once pre-ordered a CD from a band. The pre-order could only be done from an on-line store in the US. I decided to try it. It went trought customs >:-(

Ended up paying around $45 for that album (was a double-disk album though), but I could have bought it for $25 in the stores afterwards... [rolleyes] Never again!!