Saturday, February 03, 2007

things missed and things bought

For a guy with so much experience buying stuff on-line you'd think I would've embraced the opportunity to reserve stuff at my local brick and mortar stores when they started offering such a service (save on shipping and guarantee what you want to be there when you arrive, etc...).

Remember that door-crasher camera that was always sold out during the boxing-day sale? It was a 6mp camera and this week Futureshop offered a deal on the 7mp version of the same thing (I even went to the trouble of doing the research on this baby). I was trying to figure out why the 6mp version was priced higher than the 7mp version. Seems like they essentially swapped some functions out, etc... But really, I doubt I'd miss anything since well. The last camera I bought was a 1.3mp POS that quite frankly offers an improvement over ...a camera phone. And the only reason for that is... well, my phone has a camera on it.

Back to the story at hand: apparently I have some kind of mental condition that prevents me from making commitments to buy things. This psychological effect leaves me unable to reserve stuff on-line to pick up later. When I woke up this morning I made my decision that this price was right. So I made my plans to head over to the brick and mortar (stupidly forgetting to check on-line if they even had it in stock anymore. And of course, when I got there, it was sold-out ...of course.

On the bright side of things. By being there I stumbled on another deal I didn't expect - I found out that 4Gb memory sticks are on sale this week for only $100. If you didn't realize, it's essentially getting 2Gb for free because the 2Gb sticks regularly retail for that much.

Did I also mention I'm the kind of person with a mental condition that isn't satisfied until the money burning a hole in my pocket gets spent? Hmm... now to figure out what I can stuff onto my PSP with so much room to play with.

2 comments:

Asaciel said...

Whoa, it has reached 4GB already...technology is so fast eh.

Anonymous said...

I saw this special, but the Camera seems a little small for me. Looks cool though!