Tuesday, February 06, 2007

long lost follow-up

http://benohki.blogspot.com/2006/09/minor-on-line-orders.html

Yes - that was 4 and a half months ago. And you know what? It just didn't happen. The run down goes something like this:

  1. Placed order on a whim for some movie memorabilia (if you must know it was a Superman Returns trinket).
  2. Wait.
  3. Two days later a Paypal request comes in - I pay it.
  4. A couple of weeks later no news...
  5. Another few weeks... I'm moving out from my old apartment soon and wondering if it'll arrive in time before I'm out.
  6. I successfully make contact with someone at the web-store. They inform me that the item was sold-out. I'm annoyed that they made me pay for something that was not in stock... but having done so ensures that they'll reorder from their supplier.
  7. I'm moving out - I send another email telling them so (with forwarding info).
  8. December rolls around, by now I've made up a rule to write them once a month. No reply this month.
  9. New Years - I write them again ...my writing tone gets a little more snarky as we go.
  10. Last week, contact reestablished. Admits that stock never arrived with other orders. Offers me a refund or a "similar" item. I choose a refund... that was Friday.
  11. Paypal notified me of a $30 credit today.
Hmm... this is worse than having cash in my pocket... It's a paypal credit for crying out loud. It's not like I will actually lose out on a withdrawal to my credit card. I'm going to spend it, damn it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Webstores.. so irritating!