Saturday, February 24, 2007

Feeling the pain(tballs)

It's odd to have woken up this morning to find any bruises I had last night almost completely faded. Played paintball for the first time. Interesting experience - all at once not what I expected and everything I expected. For example, I did not find myself totally blown away (although I was hit several times). But also, when I was hit, more often than not, the individual paint pellets almost never broke on impact - effectively turning the bullet into a flying rock ...a rock that could unpredictably hit you either on your face mask (which is tough enough to protect you and break the shell open and splatter the paint) or on your neck (where I was unfortunate enough to be shot)... And just so you know, a person's neck just above the collar-bone is not hard enough to break a paintball open.

Strangely enough, I'm happy to report that I although I'm suffering from a "hangman" situation (1 hit on each of my limbs plus my neck and head), none of the hits were on my thighs... which also happens to be where I'm feeling the most fatigue. So I'm free to rub A-535 any time I want (thank god!).

And I needed that because a hot shower didn't help any after 4 hours at the paintball facility (although it did stop me from "smelling like a man.") All it did was loosen my leg muscles enough to make me feel it... all of it.

Update: Here are some photos one of the boys forwarded thanks to the miracle of digital photography...

This was us having a snack break at the mall before the game.


And this was us getting geared up in the staging area just off the field. Yeah yeah, there's a few obscured faces but they're not important people (i.e.: people I don't even know). ^_^;

2 comments:

Weirdguy said...

Simon had the camera, but the batteries died kinda fast. We should have at least a group photo.

I found out this morning that I got shot in both knees... And one of the shot I got in the head still hurt...

MrBabou said...

Oh, so you are not REALLY the man od steel, then... o.0

:-p

Glad you had fun!