Tuesday, November 28, 2006

DVD: Superman Returns

Just thought I'd post this since it does have something to do with anything:
The Futureshop site is just damn confusing (and wrong). For those of you still wondering, the item listed here is actually the two disc set.

The reason I'm sort of peeved at the confusion is that Futureshop Canada had also done an exclusive deal for X-Men The Last Stand with a similar metal case... designed for 2 discs... even though Fox never put out a 2-Disc set. Yeah, looks kinda dumb when you open up the case and find that empty slot for a non-existent second disc.

Oh, and by the way, yes, BestBuy Canada also has an exclusive release - they also have snazzy packaging but with a bonus 64-page booklet. But it also costs a few bucks more. I happened to like the metal case better at Futureshop.

Of course, for those of you interested in the super-duper boxed set with this movie and all the Christopher Reeve films also... well, all of the above is a moot point. Thanks for bearing with me. But anyway, I highly encourage you to grab the 2-disc version because there is indeed a single-disc release floating around out there that's a little cheaper but also very barebones with no features at all. Naturally, your mileage may vary so be sure to shop around. The steel-case 2-disc set was only $6 more than the single-disc regular version, for instance.

And as for the film? Well... my initial reaction here. Six months later... well, I've learned to go with the flow, so to speak. One thing that hasn't changed? Heh - that denouement sure seems to last forever... The epilogue reaches nearly "Return of the King" proportions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap! I forgot to get mine on tuesday for 19$. I agree with the confusion though.. they had so may versions, it's like.. "WTF"!

Ben-Ohki said...

Yeah watch out - it was the 1-disc barebones edition that was $19. The 2-Disc "steel case" edition is still available for only a few dollars more.

Anonymous said...

I duno.. I'm too confused so I'm gona wait...