Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sunday haul: procrastinating

Now that I'm in the 'burbs, heading into town for the old hauls isn't quite the same anymore. I used to be able to make a whole day of walking into downtown from my apartment. Now it's... different.

Here's a pic of one of the goodies I decided to grab tho. It's new school on the old school. Patlabor remains one of my all-time favourites and the design of the Ingram is something that will stick with me forever. So when I heard the latest "Revoltech" craze of tiny collectible figures with a revolutionary joint system for articulation was going to include some mecha from Patlabor, that was a $30 already spent. ^_^;
So far I'm loving it too considering how long ago it was that I built those MG class model kits (they had loads of moving parts like opening compartments and all, but hardly the same story). I hear the company behind these are also going to do a Type J9 Griffon mecha as well and perhaps a "unit 2" Ingram also. Sweet. Did I mention how affordable these are?

You might also notice the shiny new wireless router behind him in that photo. Grabbed that today too. Not to sound like a frickin' advert, but Staples is having a huge sale on netowrking hardware (don't know how much longer it'll last, today might've been the final day). At $55, the price was right for a 108Mbps wi-fi unit. Now I can sit in my "throne room" and surf the web using my PSP! Plus my brother doesn't have to hog my PC when he visits - he can just log into the router on his laptop.

And no haul list would be complete without a pile of comics to entertain myself with. Haven't read them all, but I'll be sure to mention these later on:
Ghost in the Shell 1.5 #1 - the "lost" chapters of the GitS saga - the story reads like an episode of the Stand Alone Complex series. I'm liking it so far. It's got me thinking I should dig out the GitS manga I collected a few years back and rereading those too.
Legion of SuperHeroes #24: I don't know where this series is going, and I'm actually considering dropping it if this Supergirl angle doesn't resolve itself soon. The questions have been dragging on too long, IMHO. Will blog this later.
Supergirl #11: yes, it's actually last week's issue but like I said, I haven't been to the shops in a while. Again, lots of unanswered questions and there's hardly any continuity between issues in this series... WTF is happening in the DCU?
Wonder Woman #3: ah - yes, where were we? Oh yeah, there was that appearance of the DCU's version of Hercules in the previous issue... 2 months ago. I'm not really liking this bi-monthly schedule. The series started out really promising but... geez, that was back in July!
Noble Causes #25: this series hasn't disappointed me in forever. Looking forward to reading this extra-large issue!
Fathom #11: suffered from Wonder Woman syndrome for a while... I don't even remember what was going on in issue #10. But I'm glad it's finally over. Also can't wait to read this one.

Anyway, sorry, but I STILL haven't taking photos of that Morning Musume book I talked about before... Sheesh, I suck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool looking figure!