Friday, November 17, 2006

50 questions

ok - I lied, I'm not particularly productive on a Friday afternoon so I've filled out the meme instead of leaving it for the weekend...

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
"I look remarkably well considering the head-cold I'm suffering."

2. How much cash do you have on you?
a couple hundred ...it's kind of a long story (I don't normally carry this much).

3. What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?”
Al Gore

4. Favorite planet?
Earth ...I haven't to any others.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
My cousin.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
The one I have right now (a Mandarin pop song).

7. What shirt are you wearing?
The free promo T-shirt that came with one of the Ghost in the Shell DVDs I bought last year.

8. Do you “label” yourself?
"geek"

9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
Brooks (they're actually my running shoes; but I haven't had it in my to run lately).

10. Bright or Dark Room?
Bright, please.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
I like to think we'd get along.

12. What does your watch look like?
One time, somebody asked if Batman wants his watch back. (It's an Oakley Detonator).

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Sleeping.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
My brother was telling me what time he got home that day...

15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
I dunno - it's not a common brand hereabouts - I think there's one on the main strip a 5km from here.

16. Whats a word that you say a lot?
"dunno"

17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
My mommy.

18. Last furry thing you touched?
A friend's dog when it came up to sniff me.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
3, I think (coffee, Nyquil and Dayquil).

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
none - been digital for years now.

21. Favorite age you have been so far?
I like to think 18 ...but right now's pretty good.

22. Your worst enemy?
Time.

23. What is your current desktop picture?
Ryu from Street Fighter II - I was on a "Udon Studios" kick for a little while after I met the artists in Toronto a couple of months ago.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"No trouble." (in French)

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
Flying is really tempting, but hardly practical in Canadian climate... so I'd go with the million.

26. Do you like someone?
Of course.

27. The last song you listened to?
A Japanese pop song from the 90's (but I don't remember which).

28. What time of day were you born?
Close to midnight, I think.

29. Whats your favorite number?
8 (and not because I'm Chinese).

30. Where did you live in 1987?
Sherbrooke Quebec.

31. Are you jealous of anyone?
From time to time.

32. Is anyone jealous of you?
If there is, I don't know about (and I wouldn't understand why, either).

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
In my cubicle - most of us didn't even know what was going on until we got home and saw the non-stop television coverage.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
I curse myself for trusting my money to a mindless automaton.

35. Do you consider yourself kind?
I do.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
If I HAD to? Probably my shoulder - high enough that it could be hidden by a T-shirt sleeve.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Japanese - so I could enjoy all those downloads I have without reading sub-titles, etc...

38. Would you move for the person you loved?
I'd like to think so... but it's kinda hard to say without actually being in such a position.

39. Are you touchy feely?
Not really - I had a bad experience with it in my youth.

40. What’s your life motto?
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
my glasses, my watch, underwear.

42. What’s your favourite town/city?
Right now it's Montreal - it's always exciting.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Last night's supper (I was lazy so I ate out).

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
I don't remember - years ago I wrote a letter to an old friend ...but I don't think I sent it by mail.

45. Can you change the oil on a car?
I like to think I can. I've topped out my motor oil and know how to check my dipstick and where the filter goes, I've just never had to do it myself before.

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
Out of sight, out of mind. I don't remember what I last heard of this person.

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
My grandfather was adopted ...but I do know my great-grandfather is buried at Mount Royal Cemetary in Montreal.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Starfish's wedding... I wore my favourite navy blue suit.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
A constant itch in my nasal passage (I think it's an effect of that Dayquil I took).

50. Have you been burned by love?
I think so... but then... who hasn't?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's alot of questions man!

running42k said...

With regards to answer 11, I am sure that we would.

hemlock said...

Great answers. I always love reading these things.