Friday, October 27, 2006

Warning: Feed all wacky

I just thought I'd mention that there's been something weird going on. If you read my other blogs or have seen me on a BBS, you may have noticed that I use Feedburner to advertise this blog. One of Feedburner's options is to generate an animated GIF with all the headlines of an existing RSS feed (in the case of Blogger, that would be an ATOM XML you can turn on and off in your control panel). Anyway, I just noticed that my graphic on other sights has been showing weird headlines from all over my blog (some of those articles are over a year old!).

I've finally figured out what's happening: Everytime I go back to edit an older article (like adding a "Label" or something) it counts as "republishing" the article. That means the feed picks it up as though it were newly published and it gets a new date of publication.

Just thought I'd warn my fellow bloggers out there who also switched to Blogger Beta.

No comments: