Saturday, September 16, 2006

The hunt is back on

I just read an odd FAQ about an upcoming expansion to one of my favourite RTSes (second only to the classic Starcraft by Blizzard), Dawn of War. Now, if you scroll down a page or so on that link above, they've provided the system requirements for the new expansion. Pardon me, but isn't an expansion supposed to use the same game engine as the original. What the heck is going on? Used to be that I blew the requirements for DoW out of the water, now the expansion is set to blow me out of the water.

Anyway, if there was one thing that motivates me, this would be it, then.
I'm back to scouring eBay for that processor upgrade I wanted months ago. See, Zero Prime has always been a little buggy, ever since the barebones upgrade kit from, well, I'm not even sure when I built it. Somewhere along the way I renamed it too so I'm not even certain how much of it is still Zero Prime. ^_^;

Oops - went off on a tangent there. I meant to say that some time a couple of years back, after being frustrated long enough with an unreliable and very lemon-like motherboard, I bought a new one. In fact, I bought what was at the time top of the line for this particular generation: an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe (which sadly was soon completedly abandonned by ASUS as several promised upgrade modules never made it off the drawing boards).

So here I am: a top-end final-generation socket-A mobo with a bottom-end first-generation Athlon XP 1700. *sigh* eBay here we go again.

No comments: