Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Wishlist: just'cuz

Because life is dull without something to want (besides wanting to love and to be loved, but that's another matter altogether).

  1. Centre Channel speaker: I have my eye on the very affordable Yamaha 125-series centre unit... and managed to miss a 20% discount at Best Buy the other night. Argh!
  2. Digital camera: Took some pics of the house (they haven't even dug out a foundation hole yet, but still)... came home and realized the photos sucked. At this point any camera is better than what I'm using: my cell phone.
  3. A new CPU: Good luck finding an Athlon XP 3200+ since AMD doesn't make'em anymore. And Semprons just don't really compare (although Semprons for Socket-A are getting pretty rare too). Looks like it's time to scour eBay.
  4. A video card ...any video card: not really a priority, but since we're on the subject of my PC - babou offered to sell me his 2-year-old card for only $80. I think I'll take him up on his offer.
  5. The latest Twins concert DVD: it's been out forever. I half-seriously asked my parents to pick up a copy while they were in Hong Kong this month. They didn't mention it since getting back so I have a feeling they just forgot about it. Oh well. YesAsia.com to the rescue...
  6. GBP-1S accessory set for my VF-1J: I've been putting this off and now I'm not so sure. I bought my VF-1J 1/48 scale model last fall thinking I'd get the matching armour parts, but it seems like such a hassle now that I'm carefully managing what I buy (to minimize the packing I'll do in 6 months). Hmm...
The wishlist is just that: particularly since my car is in sore need of a tune-up... I think I'll change my wheels this weekend and put the winters in storage. Then I'll look into a garage to who'll inspect my belts (since that inspection's overdue too), balance my tires (it's been a while for the summers), and replace the thermostat since the sensor seems to always think my engine is cold (even after a 2 hour drive; I mean, WTF?).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She looks good!