Monday, March 20, 2006

Video: Sakura Mankai

I don't know why I never thought to post links to videos before, but I do watch them all the time...

I have a new favourite song - even if it's a little mushy... *sigh* I'm hopeless.

In mid 2003 the Morning Musume crew had grown to an impossible 15 members. Their management figure they could play smaller venues if they split up into teams... one of the mini-groups was a team of 8 they called "Sakura Gumi" (translates to "Cherry-blossom Group"). Among the members were a few of my personal favourites. Although they all sing lead vocal at one point, Takahashi Ai caught my eye first (she's the one with her feet in a tub)...

Sakura Gumi - Sakura Mankai

You may notice by the way that somebody thoughtfully subtitled the lyrics ...but not in English! So here's a decent translation of the entire song done by some fans.

No comments: