Sunday, March 19, 2006

Ridiculous Saturday

A few short items from yesterday...

1 - I realized that I was being charged 15 cents per automated text message from the Weather Network... but when I tried to unsubscribe, I couldn't find the link! Telus did it to me again - changing the web site around on me. I had to call the client-care hotline to get myself unsubscribed (like they didn't even acknowledge the fact that I was basically screwed - they did it for me through their internal computer system).

2 - Speaking of my cell phone, I got a really dramatic shot with the camera function of a crowd of protestors marching through downtown yesterday... and subsequently deleted it by accident before I got to downloading it to my PC. I'm an idiot. On the other hand, demonstrations, protests, and marches seem to be a semi-regular occurrance in the Nation's Capital ...I'll have another chance, I'm sure.

3 - DC's shipping schedule is all out whack again. After checking not one but two local shops, neither had the two-week-old issue of Legion. Since it ties into the big Infinite Crisis plot, the title was supposed to switch over to "Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes" for a few issues... both stores had the sample cover on display under "coming next week." Uh... yeah. Whatever.

4 - the rerelease of Macross was supposed to continue last week - it hasn't. I've been going around to various forums and sites... while every one lists the second DVD as being available March 8... nobody anywhere says they actually found it to purchase.

No comments: