Saturday, June 18, 2005

Hmm... new cell phone?

Considering this: Nokia 3205i - most gimmicks for the buck.
For around $200 I can get the phone and transfer my voicemail, existing phone #, and current minutes balance to the new toy.

There was a time when I wouldn't have given a flying crap about a gimmicky cellular. Who the hell needs multiple ring-tones, colour display, built-in camera, games, and text messaging? It's supposed to be a damn phone! You make calls!

But now that my younger brother has one, I experiencing a severe case of phone-envy.

I originally bought a phone because I felt that with all the driving I was doing back and forth to my hometown it'd be a safety net in case anything happened on the road. Ironically, the only time anything remotely close to an accident occured was a spin-out where I only got a scratch in my fender... and I had to drive an additional 40 minutes before my phone was able to get a decent signal.

Well I'm one of those who don't believe in instant messeging. I didn't even have MSN messenger installed until a few months ago (I was convinced it would be yet another burden on an already slow PC). But I came around - and my brother configured himself so that I could send him messages on his phone thru MSN, etc... Got me thinking, I've had a text-capable phone for 5 years and never had the initiative to take advantage of it. And now that I am, I'm carrying an out-of-style piece of crap.

The dumb truth about this whole mess?
...I'll be upgrading to an equally gaudy plasticy-looking piece of crap.

No comments: