Sunday, June 12, 2005

cabinet pics [updated]

Been a while (FusionAce dealing with personal problems - won't post them here). But I'm feeling a little better now...
My brother came by to see me on Wednesday night so it was my chance to bamboozle him into helping me pick up another DETOLF from Ikea. Not only are they priced half what they were last year, but they were on sale this month!! Sweetness.

Here they are side-by-side in my living room:



And here are some closer looks...



On other random notes: an old friend came to visit Ottawa yesterday. Went to see the Renaissance exhibit at the Nation Gallery in the afternoon (the A/C alone was worth the price of admission but the paintings were amazing too). Then we took in Kingdom of Heaven which was a whole lot better than I had imagined it would be. Too bad Orlando Bloom is still suffering from Legolas-speak.... thank you, Captain Obvious! My friends left early this morning - I don't blame them to be eager to get on with what was planned to be a camping trip.
They're headed west towards the Niagra area and want to set up camp before it gets too late. But I tipped them that the Chinese community are notoriously late sleepers. They share similar hobby interests as myself so I suggested that if they weren't really for the camp ground all evening, they could drive right into Toronto and head up to Markham to see the famed "Pacific Mall" - even on a Sunday evening. ^_^;

No comments: