Monday, May 04, 2009

Things in the mail

If a penny saved is a penny lost… here is an updated list of pending items.

1) After filing my taxes, I happened on an old link to HLJ where a Transformers sale is still on. I ordered the Music Label Soundwave. Sure, it's a crappy MP3 player, but… it's Soundwave - one of the select few Decepticons to appear in both Family Guy and Robot Chicken! He is currently sitting in a warehouse at HLJ awaiting shipping thanks to "Golden Week" (Japan's version of spring break).

2) A second item held up by Golden Week is an eBay win for a 1/4 scale Emiri Kimidori by FREEing. The reason I waited this long to eBay her is simple: I gave the local shop 6 months to find stock (and if you ask me, that was about 4 months too much). After I got them to admit they were unlikely to get any, I didn't waste any more time to look up one of my favourite sellers.

4) Given that I won that Monsterpocalypse lot 2 weeks ago and that the USPS tracking site still claims the item has not been received from the shipper, you would think Golden Week applied to the United States as well. What bothers me is that not only has the tracking system not updated in over a week, but that the Canada Post system has not picked it up yet (usually, the moment it crosses the border, our system starts tracking right away). Since neither system is tracking it, I'm starting to question just what is going on.

No comments: