Saturday, May 16, 2009

Stormlord 2

I haven't blogged most of the chassis assembly because it's essentially a Baneblade body. But now I'm starting to encounter the new stuff in this edition of the Imperial Guard super-heavy tank.

In this photo, I want to introduce the heavy flamer sponson. I can't recall if the Baneblade kit had this option (it probably did). It's a tighter fit than the heavy bolter because there are more bitz sticking out the sides this time. But if you squeeze the two barrels in towards each other, then they will poke through the holes. The plastic is indeed soft enough to allow a bit give without damage. Be gentle.Here is some of the all new stuff in the Shadowsword/Stormlord kit. It's subtle. But the Baneblade part had nothing up front. You had to go a little higher before there was the assembly for the rotating heavy bolter turret and the Demolisher Cannon. Instead, since there simply isn't room on the this variant (it's main turret barely qualifies as a "turret" since it won't even turn), then there is a fixed heavy bolter instead.An observation: I'm a bit disappointed that despite being so big, there is no muzzle-hole sculpted into the barrels. I think I will need to do a little custome Dremel work.

No comments: