Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Stormlord 3

Something I forgot to mention in my last post...

Here my super-heavy tank is coming together. But when you reach this point, you have emptied at least a couple of Baneblade sprues already. Except for one piece.

On the port side rear panel, there is a tiny little exhaust bit that is a separate piece! See the two towing hooks? The one on the left - take a close look right to the left of that. That little pipe is a tiny little bit about half an inch long. Don't forget that!

On a side note, I think I will snap that front Heavy Bolter off and re-glue it. Now that the two halves of the chassis are together, I don't see how I will ever reach the sides using something as big as my handheld drill. I'll snap it off, do my drilling, and then glue it back on. No worries, after base coating with matt black, you'd never be able to tell if I cause any stress-marks in the plastic.

No comments: