Wednesday, May 13, 2009

photo dump

Here are some goodies that arrived straight from Japan in the mail today.

This FREEing 1/4 scale figure is new old stock. Emiri Kimidori was a little known supporting character who showed up briefly in an episode of The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. Not much to say other than, I'm glad to finally own one of these after waiting for (and giving up on) my local store to get it in stock for 6 months. It took me about 2 weeks from that day to have this in my hands.

Second, I just wanted to quickly point out to anybody still confused: yes the "Music Label Soundwave" is indeed an mp3 player that takes the oddball "Mini-SD" format. This is not be mistaken with "Micro-SD." Mini-SD was a short-lived format that's slightly smaller than a normal SD card but is way bigger than a Micro-SD card. Anybody know where I can find these for cheap?

Lastly is a photo Weirdguy shared with me. In my life time, this is possibly the largest amount of sealed M:TG product I have ever seen in a non-retail environment. This photo was taken as I arrived for the party a couple of weeks ago when our friends pooled a bunch of money to stock up on the latest set at a fantastic discount from the SRP.

No comments: