Sunday, June 04, 2006

Weekend Roundup

Besides the "business" I took care of this weekend, I also found myself in some spending situations again (that's not too surprising, is it?). Here's what.

On Saturday evening, I grabbed the latest volume of Ghost in the Shell season 2. If you've been keeping up with me all this time, you know already that I like to get the DTS version. Not only do these "SE" packages come with an extra disc featuring uncompressed DTS soundtracks, they usually come with extra goodies in the oversized box. What's funny about volume 5 is that now more than ever they blatantly point out the fact that they haven't actually gone to any lengths to give you exclusive stuff... these freebies are actually just repackaged materials.

In this volume, they threw in a new figurine of supporting character, Togusa, and a Tachikoma robot. What's interesting to note is that this new mini-robot figure is listed as "(secret)." Obviously this was originally some sort of unlisted bonus variant figure to those who originally purchased these as blind-packaged trading-figures (otherwise known as "gashapon" to us collectors). It's just funny that they bothered to identify is as such instead of saying what it really is... the same damn Tachikoma as before... but in black.

At least the disc was pretty cool (although, it does end on a cliffhanger of sorts).

So anyway, I'm in town today visiting the comic book store... I've mentioned this before, but I don't think I ever posted a photo. This is my "whoring T-shirt." Yes, I've pimped myself out: I get a 10% discount at my local shop for wearing their logo on my chest. And it only cost me $15 investment (which I recuperated on the first day when I bought that lightsaber last summer).

Yeah so it didn't sting so much when I picked up the latest volume of the GoDannar series. It really sucks that for some odd reason, ADV-Films saw fit to make volume 5 a 3 episode affair. I mean, WTF? You mean to tell me I just spent $10 per episode? Argh. The only possible logic I see in this is that way back in the beginning, volume 1 had 5 episodes on it instead of the usual 4. But that was a long time ago... ugh. ADV just lost some of my respect.

No comments: