Thursday, June 22, 2006

Super DVDs at Best Buy

Quick note: it wasn't obviously advertised, but Best Buy's tie-in gimmick for next week's Superman Returns movie is a free comic-book when you buy the new Superman-related DVD releases this week. I think it's the same comic but with different covers (I'm not sure if it's random or if it depends on which DVD you buy. The comic is actually packaged within the shrink-wrap so I didn't even know about mine until I got home and opened up my fresh copy of Justice League Season Two (for the record, my JL set came with a Jim Lee cover reprinted from his "For Tomorrow" run last year).

Other Superman-related titles that tie-in include sets of the Superboy tv series, the third season of Lois&Clark, and the Bryan Singer produced documentary "Look, Up in the Sky: The Amazing Story of Superman." And pricing at Best Buy is fairly competitive when it comes to mainstream releases so with a free mini-comic, it's not a bad idea to swing by...

No comments: