Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sangaria Ramune?

Not sure why I thought to post this now - some 4 days after the fact. But I had my first bottle of Ramune on Saturday - I found it at an ethnic supermarket while visiting my brother in Montreal. And that should tip you off that I didn't find it particularly memorable in terms of soda pop to drink.

For those of you who've never heard of it, it's a soda that comes in a glass bottle featuring an air-tight seal using a glass marble. You use this little plastic plunger thingie and pop the marble into the bottle to unseal it. Yes, Ramune is known for it's bottle more than for the actual content... and I'll tell you why.

Ramune is more or less cream soda. Well, the "Sangaria" type was cream soda - I'm told the other ones are more like Sprite or 7Up... I accept why lots of people say that it's over-priced (it is). I mean, it was good though, but hardly worth more than a buck or two for a soda in a novelty bottle.

No comments: