Saturday, January 14, 2006

Macross shelf: rearranged

If flower arrangement is supposed to be an art... why can't I be blogging around rearranging my shelves? Ended up with:



It's my 3 big-ass Valkyrie fighters (one of them in its robot mode). I also switched around one of the add-on kits... and finally applied some of the decals (designating the fully-loaded yellow-trimmed one as "Skull-One" just like in the Macross movie).

If you look down in the lower left corner though you'll see:



And here is where I convince myself that because I can't seem to find Guitar Hero anywhere in town, I now have budget to finally upgrade my camera. mommybabou has expressed a willingness to help me shop for one (she being a trained photographer and all that).
Anyway, I finally completed my Kaiyodo Series 2 Macross gashapon set today. And the best was, as they say, saved for last. The blue guy in near the back (and no, you can't tell from the photo) is the most detailed of them all. For a little PVC plastic guy only 2 and half inches in height, he's got just about as much articulation as a typical action figure you'd find in a toy store. Nearly all his missle hatches open on hinges (the only one that doesn't is his chest - and it comes with an optional piece to display doors-open or doors-closed). Quite an impressive sculpt.

No comments: