Saturday, January 07, 2006

fun and the lack thereof

If you read the other Legion blogs you may have gathered that I had plans to visit the babous last night. I did.

Ended up discovering that Guitar Hero was sold out at the Futureshop location that was listed as "in stock" on their web site. What an annoying turn... but I had the sense to call my competition (another gaming geek I know from work who was racing me to the store after work) to warn him not to bother driving all the way across town.

So I settled on packing up Taiko Drum Master for PS2. Which although is an older music game, is still lots of fun. Plus I really wanted to see how mrbabou would do of it considering he's an actual drummer in a band. He was amazing.... 'nuff said, really. And mommybabou was shy (or anti-social, I don't know). Or, Maker forbid, she actually doesn't like video games? ^_^;

With fun over, I crawled into bed after getting home shortly after midnight... and woke this morning to what I thought would be a fairly productive day. The cleaning...

But I've come to realize that it's way more time-consuming than I expected. I just spent most of the morning sorting through magazines I wanted to throw out. And that's all. The recyclers will have a lot of paper to chew through. Sheesh. This'll take a lot longer than I thought it would.

Another buddy of mine was saying he might call me to go see King Kong tonight. Right now I'm considering going by myself (whether I get a call or not) just to get out of this cleaning thing. ~_~;

No comments: