Monday, January 16, 2006

electric everything!

You know what gets me? A rechargeable electric appliance that is not charged and ready to go... especially when you first get it home!!

I just got my first electric toothbrush (an OralB, natch)... thought it was a fun thing to get - something hopefully good for my health and hygiene. A cheap version, but still. And according to the instruction leaflet that it came with: 16 hours for a full charge! *ahem* it's nearly 7pm now... it won't even be fully charged in time for tomorrow morning before I leave for work?!

You know the same thing happened when I got my electric razor. I waited until my very last blade was getting dull (I wasn't getting particularly good shaves anymore). And the weekend I got it, I discovered that it'd be Sunday night before I could use my new toy. (I also nicked myself that Sunday morning with the old blade). Ugh.

OK whatever, I guess I can tolerate my old toothbrush another day...
I gotta go do a load of laundry now.

1 comment:

hemlock said...

We got the new Oral B too.

I was shocked by the charge time too.

Beware. If it has a blue light that blinks when it's charging...point it towards the wall. That damn thing keeps me up at night sometimes!