Wednesday, January 25, 2006

GitS:SAC 2ndG Vol3

It's been a slow couple of weeks. Just spent a lot of time scouring local shops for Guitar Hero but I gotta call no joy - I figure I'll eventually find it when I least expect it. Also I've spent the last few days holed up in my apartment after hours watching my DVD set of the new Battlestar Galactica trying to catch up on everything I missed last season because the new season kicks major ass.

But I did finally find a reasonably priced DTS edition of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig. The third volume really shows Bandai and Manga Entertainment are serious about playing the market against old school outfits like ADV-Films. Gone are the days of stupid little trinkets like a "limited edition" postcard insert.

Volume 3 of the DTS version (which is a second duplicate disc except with DTS sound instead of the regular Dolby Digital 5.1 track) caters once again to crazed hard-core fans like myself. It again comes in a cardboard box holding the actual tin keepcase with the disc held on a peg. Starting with the second volume Manga seemingly smartened up and added a little foam disc to keep the discs from falling off its peg and scratching itself...
Here's a closer look at the goodies that came with the third DTS volume. It's a little 3" figure of Maj. Kusanagi and one of her little "Tachikoma" robot pals! Cool!
On a random side note, this is the mousepad that came with the second volume. Don't think I blogged about that one... That volume also came with a deck of playing cards adorned with images from the show.
Oh, and of course, the show is still awesome... police dramas were never this visceral in live-action... *whew*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice hooters on that girl! haha!