Saturday, November 26, 2005

Saturday morning web-surfing

A few minor notes from an hour of Saturday morning web-surfing...

This link was posted on a forum I frequent. Most people were appalled at the kind of movie this promotional teaser trailer hinted at: an action-comedy with all our favourite beloved characters taken way out of context. I smell another Jean-Claude Van Damme-style "Street Fighter" ...I think Hollywood has farted again.

DOA Teaser @ Comingsoon.net

I guess it's the kind of movie non-fans might enjoy... Personally I would've preferred a story about my personal favourite, Kasumi as the shinobi (runaway ninja) evading capture by her former masters, etc... and perhaps encountering all the other fighters along the way. Maybe a final showdown in the end against her estranged sister, Ayane. Plus throw in a cameo of Ninja Gaiden's Ryu Hayabusa, who always seemed to me was a kindred spirit to Kasumi.

But looks like I'll need to settle for this Charlie's Angels drivel.

Speaking of DOA tho, I booted up my old Xbox last night. I couldn't help some gaming after this week's non-stop media coverage of the 360 launch. Anyway, I put in the old DOA3 game (released 2001!) and realized I had never completed the game. Besides the opening video featuring "Nine Lives," I always wondered by Aerosmith got top billing on the game's packaging. So after a couple of hours, I finally unlocked the last of the story cinematics (video-clips showing the plot and character backgrounds). Turns out that Aerosmith's "Home Tonight" is the song played during the closing credit roll. Heh - it only took me 4 years. :P

On the bright side of being such a loser fanboy I get to enjoy this... Remember that pic I posted a while ago of a transforming jet/robot. It was this huge deluxe affair I paid nearly $300 for during a trip to Toronto last month. Well, the final prototype of a new set of add-on parts has finally been revealed (or am I just behind the times?)...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I'm excited for no good reason. And I'm sure my folks will be thrilled to hear I'm still buying this sort of thing.

No comments: